Looking for a Coach?
Saturday, November 13, 2021
Hello. Are you an individual contributor in the tech field? Are you looking to make an impact at work but are running into obstacles? Would you like some guidance to figure out how to influence others? Do you find it hard to deal with conflicts at work? Do you feel you got ideas, but those are not gaining traction? If you’re sensing some of these at work, I can partner with you to uncover some ways to unblock them.
Update: See this page to get started.
Here is how it works:
- You are an individual contributor with at least seven years of experience.
- I will offer three sessions over three weeks, with each for about 45 minutes.
- I won’t teach you or offer solutions. We will instead discuss you, the circumstances, and the challenges, and together, we will discover potential options.
- You will not have to disclose anything that you do not want to.
- You will also not tell me anything you must not, such as proprietary and confidential work-related details.
- Our sessions will be completely confidential. You and I agree not to disclose the contents of our sessions to anyone without explicit consent from the other.
- These won’t cost you a thing.
In return, I would ask you for two things:
- Give me feedback
- Donate a reasonable amount to a charity and share
Why am I doing this?
First, it can be tough to discuss such topics at work. Managers have more access to information and expertise to get help with these issues than individual contributors. Managers also get on-the-job practice over time. At the same time, companies expect individual contributors to act as leaders for their career growth, but they rarely provide any guidance. Hence, for this round, I’m limiting these sessions to individual contributors.
Second, I believe in the power of coaching to solve problems. Such issues are not new to me, and I’ve personally navigated such matters and coached others in the past. I’ve also benefited from some excellent coaches.
Third, I’m currently on a sabbatical and have the luxury of time to explore different things.
If you’re interested, follow me on Twitter, and send me a direct message. We will take it from there.