Here are some documents, books and specifications that I created or contributed to.
- Do You Do REST?, conference session at QCon San Francisco 2010, Nov 2010
- REST: Theory vs Practice, conference session at JAOO – Arhus, Denmark, Oct 2009
- Pragmatic REST, conference session at the Colorado Software Summit, Oct 2008
- RESTful Web Apps: Facts vs Fiction, conference session at the Colorado Software Summit, Oct 2008
- On REST, a Symposium on REST at Oracle, July 2008, Slides not available.
- Portlets and Ajax: Building More Dynamic Web Apps, May 2007, JavaOne 2007
- Federated Portals, BEAWorld 2005, Sep 2005
- Two conference sessions on JSR-168 and WSRP, in BEA eWorld 2004, June 2004, Slides no longer available.
- Programming to XML – Data Binding Silver Bullet (XML Conference 2001)
- Member of expert group on JSR301, JSF Portlet Bridge Specification, http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=301
- Member of expert group on JSR286, Portlet Specification, http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=286
- Member of expert group on JSR168, Portlet Specification, http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=168
- Co-author of Web Services for Remote Portlets 2.0 specification, http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-spec.html
- Web Services for Remote Portlets 1.0 Primer, http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10539/wsrp-primer-1.0.html
- RESTful Web Services Cookbook (O’Reilly, March 2010)
- Professional Java Server Programming J2EE Edition (Wrox, September 2000)
- Professional Java Server Programming J2EE1.3 Edition (Wrox, September 2001)
- Professional Java E-Commerce (Wrox, September 2001)
- Professional Java Servlets 2.3 (Wrox, January 2002)
This activity slowed down since late 2004 when I started to write mostly in the form of long blog posts.
- Describing RESTful Applications (infoQ.com, Dec 2008)
- URLs in WebLogic Portal – A Tutorial (2005, dev2dev)
- Inside WSRP (2005, dev2dev)
- Portlet Preferences (2004, dev2dev)
- Programming to XML (XML Journal, May 2001)
- Java Server Programming (2001), published through mightywords.com, an ebook publisher, now defunct.
- Java Servlets – Design Issues (2000)
- Java Servlets – Design Practices (Java Developer’s Journal, March 2000)
- Java Servlets – Advanced Features (Java Developer’s Journal, February 2000)
- Nuts and Bolts of Transaction Processing (1999)
- Java Transaction Service (1999)
- Architecture Paradox (1999)
- Architecture Paradox – Solutions (1999)